FIVE TRANSFORMATION TOOLS THAT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU AND WHAT TO DO INSTEAD. THE STEALTH APPROACH.
IVE TRANSFORMATION TOOLS THAT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU AND WHAT TO DO INSTEAD. PRINCIPLE ONE OF THE STEALTH APPROACH: DITCH JOURNALING.
Yep you heard it right! Hear me out because I have a secret to share with you: Journaling does not work for everyone and certainly not all the time.
You have heard of all the tried-and-true approaches ‘all’ successful people do from mediation to journaling and more that everyone talks about for years.
Journaling is touted as the holy grail or success, self-development, and the Number One Transformation Tool. Most of us have tried it at least for a time. Maybe you found value in it and then just fell off. It takes too much time, your thoughts seems to outrun the speed of your writing. Or you jot down some life-changing idea that downloaded into your brain just as you were waking up. Problem is, afterwards you can’t make out what you were scribbling or make sense of what it was you wanted to write down. Or you journal faithfully only to find that you never look back over it and it all ends u in a drawer or worse piled in a corner of your desk, collecting dust and forgotten dreams.
What I’m about to share with you changed my life.
VOICE RECORD YOUR IDEAS and THOUGHTS.
It’s like JOURNALING on steroids. Not even kidding.
Record your voice. This method changed everything;
Here are FIVE reasons why:
1. It’s faster. Way faster. Trying to catch up with your thoughts by handwriting or typing rarely works. VOice recording does
2. Activating your own voice requires you to access different brain waves. It’s the principle behind therapy or having a good talk with someone to clear your mind. The very act of speaking helps you gain clarity that you could not have in any other way.
3. Your voice captures nuances of your emotions that writing could never achieve. Your voice records your mood and deep-seated emotions that help you find the truth about where you are at and where you want to go like nothing else.
4. You can record in situations where it is hard or impossible to journal. If you are too upset or too stressed and time-pressed to write you can still journal- even in your car if necessary. Even when just waking from sleep and too tired to bring pen to paper.
5. Best of all: listen and re-listen to what you recorded several times. at least 2 – 3 times. You can do it was you do other chores or as you go settle down to go to sleep. Re-listening to your voice will give you the Aha-moment and the insights to move forward. It’s the best method to accessing your inner wisdom I have ever seen… or heard!
You can be your own therapist or mentor as you can sit and re-listen to your own voice. You can step into the role of your own coach.
Bonus tip: No one can see your voice recordings! Unlike journals that someone else might be able to read- yes it happens- your recordings on your phone or other recording device are as private as you want to.
Try it and comment below how this Stealth Transformation Approach helps you propel your dreams into reality.
Stay Tuned: in my upcoming posts I tackle four additional UPSIDE DOWN SUCCESS PRINCIPLES THAT CHANGED MY LIFE: Can’t wait to see you there.